Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Name is Rowlf and I'm the Cutest Puppy Ever

Y'all have met my puppy, Rowlf..

This is normally what he looks like..



But right now he has a really bad haircut..



I am still so in love with him.. But really, to be very honest, he's not the brightest crayon in the box.

For starters, it hasn't occurred to him that he's a 60 lb goldendoodle. He thinks he's an 8 lb rat dog.

And when we go to the park or something he just does whatever the other dogs do.

So if there are good dogs there, he's good, but if there are poorly behaved pitbulls who don't listen to their owners, he just does what they do.

I'm finally cat free. So even though I don't have a doggie door, now that the weather's nice I can leave the back door open and don't have to crate the dogs because Tallulah's little bitch baby likes to crap on the floor in front of people's bedroom doors has accidents, so she needs to be able to go out whenever she wants.

The rat dogs picked up on the door being open immediately, especially Dodger, because he's way too smart for his own good.

But Rowlf just sat by the back door looking at me:

Can I go out?? Huh?? Huh??

I literally had to drag his 60 lb ass out.. and then I didn't see him for an hour.

He was sitting outside by the backdoor:

Can I come in now, Mom?? Can I?? Can I??

11 comments:

Copyboy said...

Actually my friend has this dog. You're right, not the sharpest tool in the shed, but certainly the most lovable of creatures. Oh and they get really, really big.

KLZ said...

I kind of want a dog like that. It seems like they'd be easy to manage. Except for the poop situation.

But that's hard with whoever lives in your house.

Drake Sigar said...

Our dog has a human complex. So do our chickens. We must be doing something wrong.

Kristy said...

Your dog is super cute.

One question: What idiot takes their pitbull to the dog park? I mean really - - not the most social or well behaved breed.

Jennifer Juniper said...

Haha.. it was these two really young (and kinda hot) guys. Rowlf loved them because they ran around the park with him and their dogs.
And they thought he was "cool looking" (which I think is young guy speak for "the cutest thing ever") so I didn't hate them.
But yeah.. I wasn't a huge fan of the pit bulls since I had Oliver and Tallulah with me, but they seemed sweet.

Marie Nicole said...

Maybe Rowlf knows the door is open but wants approval before making a move... Maybe Rowlf just wants you to take him out... Maybe Rowlf is just perfectly well trained to be a submissive dog and not the alpha male type? Maybe Rowlf is just the most wonderful puppy ever known to mankind? I love him! I want him!

Anonymous said...

oh...he is cute.

in the first picture.

i'm really sorry about the haircut.

my airedale got a poodle cut like that once.

and he hung his head in shame for at least a week.

because that's how long it took us to stop laughing at him.

Jennifer Juniper said...

@MissNikki - all very true. But you cannot have him, he's all mine..

@CathyJoy - it was Bean's fault. I cried. Literally.

Marlene said...

So THAT'S what a goldendoodle looks like! I had no idea.

Unknown said...

OHH He is a sweetie.. haircut or not, Id vote him Mr DoggieMerica.

Momma Bear said...

He is the cutest dog ever but the rat dogs are smart. Rolhf is getting handsomer every day as his hair grows back.