Saturday, February 6, 2010

I Love My Family Except

I started off this post with a whole dissertation on how much I love my family and then I was boring myself, so I started over.

The whole 27 paragraphs (ok it wasn't that long, but it was really long & boring) boiled down to this:
I love my family. They rock.

Except some people in my family think I'm not very nice. And that really wouldn't bother me at all, because sometimes I am not very nice. Sometimes I am downright evil, and I like it.

But what makes me very mad is that they think I'm being evil, when I'm not.

Because certain members of my family are very sneaky and manipulative and backstabby (yes I just made that word up, and it may be my new favorite word) so they think that I am of course, also sneaky and manipulative and backstabby.

I would be completely ok with people thinking that I was being evil when I was in fact being evil, but when I call someone up and say:

"I just wanted to see how you're doing"

And somehow that's evil.. Yeah, I don't get it.

I guess I would if I was backstabby, but since I'm not, I don't.

And maybe I would be backstabby, but the way I see it - if you stab someone in the back, you totally miss out on seeing their facial expression when they realize what you've just done to them. And that takes all the joy out of being evil, so why do it?

No comments: