Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Overuse of the Word Facetious

I've decided that facetious is the first fifty cent word that anyone ever learns. Heck, Oliver had it down when he was like 4.




But I work with some pretty red-necked guys. And they have recently discovered this word. So everytime I turn around they're doing something "facetiously".




Only I don't think they really know what it means. So they'll say




I was being facetious!!




when I pretend to be totally offended by their off color joke.




But they also say




That's so facetious!!




After someone else tells another off color joke in response.




I mean maybe I just don't really understand the word correctly, but.. yeah..




Plus, they all use it in just about every other sentence.




Do you think I might be able to introduce a "word of the week" policy just so that I don't get bored??

No comments: