Monday, August 2, 2010

The Death of a Friend

I lost a dear friend today.

I met her a little over two years ago, and we had an instant connection.

She was way hotter than me, but it was ok, because she really preferred to be in the background, hidden.

She lifted me up when I felt droopy, made me feel so comfortable in her presence and I felt cool just knowing she was there.

I can probably count the days I went without her on one hand.

But today, she died.

I saw it coming.

There were signs.

I tried to find a replacement to no avail.

She's irreplaceable.

Noone will ever be able to make me look as good as she did while feeling as good as I did with her.





That's right people. We're talking about my favorite bra.

15 comments:

Marie Nicole said...

Dam. You got me. You so got me. Yet... I shoulda known. Nothing beats a fave bra. NOTHING! RIP dear friend. Rest in peace...

Max Evel said...

Damn...you could've sent it to me.
I would've worn it on my head.

Jennifer Juniper said...

I've still got it if you're really interested Max.

Max Evel said...

It would be great to keep the horns out of the sun.

Miley said...

sheesh, I thought you were talking about your chi. The hotter part fits at least...

The Bipolar Diva said...

This was fantastic! I so totally get you on losing your favorite bra. That is a devastation!

Christy said...

Girl, you can write my obit any time. I loved it!

Unknown said...

I am taking my bra off and letting the twins hit the knee caps in tribute to your dear friend.

Kristy said...

So sorry for your loss. A good bra is hard to find.

Kristy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Best Kept Secrets said...

Oh man. That's so sad. Good bras are so hard to find.

bluzdude said...

I suppose it will be up to us now to lift your spirits and separate you from your loss. We'll cup your face in our collective hands and bid a bodacious "ta-ta" to your sadness as we banish our collective cones of silence.

Wait... now what was the problem?

Marlene said...

Sad, isn't it? Mine died awhile ago, but I keep resurrecting her anyway.

Candance said...

I am very sorry for your loss. A good bra is way harder to replace than, well, just about anything. I think you should request time off from work to mourn.

Timoteo said...

I'm a certified bra fitter, and would be glad to help you out.